- For strategies on defeating Vinewrath Bane, see Guide:Vinewrath Bane strategies.
The Vinewrath Bane does not spawn on its own, and requires the player to summon it by right-clicking the flower located underneath the Briar, or by using the Bramble Tooth in the Briar at anytime.
The Vinewrath Bane slowly follows the player, using an attack every few seconds. It uses a series of attacks in a fixed pattern:
- Attempts to position itself diagonally above the player before firing a spread of five at them. It then attempts to reposition to the other side of the player and do this again.
- Releases a burst of purple particles and stops moving as the thorns on its "arms" glow purple. It then releases nine purple flowers that slowly fly outwards for a bit, before glowing brighter and attempting to home in on the player.
- Attempts to line up horizontally with the player, before dashing towards them extremely quickly. The Vinewrath Bane will backpedal slightly and gain a bright red afterimage right before it dashes. This is done twice.
- The Vinewrath Bane's thorns glow yellow as it releases a large number of stagnating around itself while following the player; after a delay, the spores will explode into flower-shaped blasts. The spores can be killed before they explode by dealing 15 damage to them.
Below 40% HP, the Vinewrath Bane screams and enrages, signified by a permanent red afterimage trailing from it. It will reset its attack cycle to the beginning, and start executing attacks much faster and with a shorter delay between attacks.
Upon defeat, the Vinewrath Bane is reborn as the Vinewrath Husk. The message "You cannot stop the wrath of nature!" will be projected above the boss in green text. The Vinewrath Husk moves considerably faster, deals much more damage, and uses a new set of attacks:
- Pauses in place and fires two bouncing spike balls at the player.
- Uses its Phase 1 charge attack, but much faster and repeated 3 times. The Husk will gain a bright green afterimage when using this.
When below 50% HP, the Vinewrath Husk will roar and enrage again, signified by a permanent green afterimage trailing from it and the message "The Bramble shall consume you...". It will reset its attack cycle to the beginning again, and enhance the effects of its attacks:
- Now fires 3 spike balls at a time.
- Its first two charges leave behind rings of green poison clouds at the end of each charge. The Vinewrath Husk will flash before releasing each cloud ring.
- The message "The torrential downpour in the Briar has lifted!" will appear in the chat, removing the permanent rain on the Briar surface and revoking the Poisoned debuff that the water in the Briar causes.
- Vinewrath Bane is referred to as ReachBoss in the mod's source files. Vinewrath Husk is referred to as ReachBoss1.
- 188.8.131.52: Completely reworked.
- Introduced a new boss track.
- Can now be spawned underground by clicking on the flower.
- 1.3: Introduced.