"The Tide has waned!"
The Tide is a pre-Hardmode event which takes place in the Ocean. The Tide may begin once a player uses a Seabreak Pearl if the criteria stated below are met. This event introduces new enemies along with new drops. The event divides into 5 waves with each wave getting significantly difficult as you progress and with new enemies replacing previous ones in new waves.
|Progress bar icon|
The criteria needed to begin the Tide are as follows:
- The player must be located in the Ocean.
- There must be no Tide event already in progress.
Not fulfilling these requirements will notify the player by displaying "The Tide only ebbs by the sea." in the chat.
From any Kakamora enemy:
From Mang-O War:
From Bubble Brute:
Completing the event
- The event is completed when the player has defeated R'lyehian in the final wave, in which the status message, "The Tide has waned!" will appear and the event will end with a musical sound playing.
- Dying will not end the invasion or cause any Tide enemies to despawn.
- Tide enemies override the current biome's enemies in the same way as Meteor Heads.
- The invasion will not prevent most other events, so it is possible to fight the Tide and a Boss at the same time. A Blood Moon or a Solar Eclipse may begin during the Tide, but their related enemies only spawn after the Tide has been defeated.
- If the player leaves the Ocean biome, the music will switch to normal, however the progress bar will strangely remain and enemies will still spawn if the player is close to the Ocean.
- 1.4.2: Completely reworked event with a whole new wave system.
- Added new Tide track.
- Introduced Bubble Brute, Mang-O War, and much more.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Random Events||Blizzard • Blood Moon • Mystic Moon • Jelly Deluge • Solar Eclipse|
|Summonable Events||Goblin Army • Frost Legion • The Tide|