I wonder what enchantments have been placed on the moon- It's all blue!
"The Mystic Moon is rising..."
The Mystic Moon is a randomly occurring Hardmode event that takes place over the course of an entire night (7:30 p.m-4:30 a.m.) It causes several hazards for its duration such as multiple new dangerous enemies. Mystic Moons are signaled by the message "The Mystic Moon is rising..." in the lower left corner of the screen, and the moon, sky, water, and rain will appear blue for the duration of the event. A blue filter will also be present in all above-ground areas.
A Mystic Moon will only occur if the world is in Hardmode. It can happen any night with a 3 in 40 (7.5%) chance, as long as a Blood Moon is not happening, nor if a Mechanical boss is naturally spawning. It can also be summoned manually by using a Turquoise Lens at night.
|From All Mystic Moon Enemies:
From Mad Hatters:
From Stargazer Slimes:
- Similar to other events, the player can take refuge from the Mystic Moon event by hiding underground for safety.
- In real life, the Moon appears blue by smoke or dust particles in the atmosphere. This has happened during the forest fires in Sweden and Canada in 1950 and 1951.
- A Blue Moon in real life is the second Full Moon in a single month.
- Some of the enemies in the event are references to “Alice in Wonderland”.
- 188.8.131.52: Added new theme.
- Added new Mystic Moon music track.
- Renamed from "Blue Moon" to "Mystic Moon".
- Fixed an issue where the event was lasting infinitely while underground.
- 184.108.40.206: Blue Moons no longer rise with Blood Moons and can't spawn when a Mech boss is not defeated.
- 1.3.1: Introduced.
|Random Events||Blizzard • Blood Moon • Mystic Moon • Jelly Deluge • Solar Eclipse|
|Summonable Events||Goblin Army • Frost Legion • The Tide|