The Briar is a biome that generates on world creation. It is a fairly large biome similar to the Forest, with yellow-green trees and dark green grass, Skulls on a Stick, a large Living Tree-like structure, a fairly large system of caves beneath the surface containing Briar Huts where Briar Chests and Wildwood Altars can be found, and a small cavern where the boss of the biome can be summoned. When exploring the Briar, it will start raining constantly until the biome is exited; defeating Vinewrath Bane for the first time stops the rain, and the message "The torrential downpour in the Briar has lifted!" will appear in the chat. Water in the biome inflicts Poisoned unless the Vinewrath Bane has been defeated.
The Adventurer will be found tied up in one of the Briar Huts.
Contents[edit | edit source]
||From some Briar enemies during the night:
From some Briar enemies:
From Feral Hunters:
From Thorn Stalkers:
|From Droseran Trappers, Feral Hunters, and Wildwood Watchers:
From Glade Wraith:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Briar is the only surface biome in the game that is not affected by any other biome, meaning that it stops the spread of other biomes like the Corruption and cannot spread into other biomes.
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Added new nighttime track called "Briar Night".
- Added new daytime track called "Seedless Garden".
- Renamed from "Reach" to "Briar".
- Overhauled biome generation.
- Glade Wraith now spawns in this biome.
- 1.1.1: Introduced.
|Surface Layers||Briar • Spirit • Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Space • Corruption • Crimson • Hallow • Jungle|
|Underground Layers||Spirit Underground • Cavern • Underground Crimson • Underground Snow • The Underworld|
|Special Biomes||Meteorite • Dungeon • Granite Cave • Lihzahrd Temple • Marble Cave • Glowing Mushroom|