- For strategies on defeating Ancient Avian, see Guide:Ancient Avian strategies.
|AI Type||Ancient Avian AI|
|Damage||23 / 46|
|Max Life||3100 / 4960|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
While the Avian is alive, its exclusive Music will play.
The Ancient Avian does not spawn on its own, and requires the player to summon it with a Feather Crown around Floating Island heights. Alternatively, it can be summoned by breaking an Avian Egg that spawns in the Avian Islands nest.
The Ancient Avian flies around the player, shooting clusters of bone feathers and a series of arcane waves. It also stops moving to create a windstorm and rain energy comets from the sky. The Avian also creates a pattern of silver tornados that buffet players upward. In Expert Mode, the Avian fires exploding feathers alongside bone feathers, and inflicts Mighty Wind during its windstorm.
- The Avian flies around the player, shooting two clusters of Bone Feathers in a cone in their direction.
- The Avian closes in on the player, firing a series of blue Arcane Waves in their direction.
- The Avian stops moving, and generates a windstorm. During this windstorm, red Energy Comets rain from the sky in a wide radius. These comets ignore tiles.
- After the Windstorm, the Avian marks 3 areas near the player with fountains of silver dust. These fountains erupt into large, stationary silver Gustnadoes that launch any struck players upward.
- When below 1000 life, the Avian's red Energy Comets fire from the side of the screen instead of the sky. The side that the comets originate from is based on the direction of the wind.
- When below 1000 life, the Avian will summon 5 Gustnadoes instead of 3.
In Expert Mode
- Windstorms inflict Mighty Wind based on the direction of the wind.
- At 60% life, the windstorm visual effect becomes permanent for the duration of the fight. This effect is only cosmetic unless the windstorm phase is occuring.
- At 60% life, Energy Comets constantly rain from the sky at irregular intervals and a wide radius.
- 1.0: Introduced.